Monday, September 3, 2012

Sexy Talk


“So, what exactly do you do at load out?” Mike asked me over dinner.

“I have to supervise the take down of everything. So, the set will be taken apart and pieces we want to keep will be stored, then the lights will be taken down from the fly system and put away along with all the cables they’re connected to. The dressing rooms are all cleared out and the costumes are put back into our storage room. Finally, we’ll clean the stage. It’s going to be a looooong day.” I said.

“And this happens right after the last show ends?”

“Yep.” I said letting out a big sigh. I have always hated load outs, even in college.

“Well, how long does it usually take?” He asked.

“My crew is really good so probably, like, 5 hours, maybe 6?”

“Maybe I could come over and make you dinner afterward.”

“I would really like that. Maybe we could also…have sex?” I blushed.

Mike started choking.

“Oh.” He said once he recovered, “Um. I…I guess we could. Will Molly be there?”

“No. It’s her mom’s birthday and she’s leaving right after the show to go to Michigan to visit. She’ll be gone until Saturday.”

Mike got up to get us more wine.

“We don’t have to if you don’t want to.” I said coming up behind him and wrapping my arms around him.
He turned around.

“I want to, I just…I don’t know…I want it to be perfect for you. For us. It’s supposed to be special and romantic, having sex for the first time.”

“I think that’s sweet,” I kissed him, “But it doesn’t have to be perfect. We’ll have lots of chances to have perfect, great sex. It’s just the first time, Mike, it’s not the last time. Trust me.”

I winked.

“Should I get anything for it?” He asked.

“Well you’re already making me dinner.” I laughed.

“No, I meant, like…for the sex part.”

“Oh, you mean like condoms?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“You can. I’m on the pill but we should probably use condoms, too. I have some at my apartment, but if you prefer a certain kind you should probably get some.”

We sat on his couch with our wine.

“I think this is the most honest conversation I’ve ever had about sex before.” I said.

“You didn’t talk about this stuff with your ex-fiancé?” He asked.

“Um. We had a lot of problems in the sex area and he never wanted to talk about it.”

“Oh.”

“But, I’m glad you’re okay with talking about it.” I said.

“Can I be honest about something?” He asked.

“Of course.”

“Planning it makes me kind of nervous…”

“Oh. Well, we can just let it happen. We don’t have to plan for it if that makes you uncomfortable.”

He put his wine glass down and shifted on the couch so he could face me better.

“It’s just that I think about all the ways it could go wrong or if it’s not good for you or it makes things weird-”

“I understand.” I said, “And I really appreciate how open you’re being about this. I am more than happy to just let it happen when it happens.”

Mike looked relieved which prompted me to ask him something that hadn’t occurred to me before.

“Are you not ready to have sex, yet?” I asked gently, “It’s okay if you aren’t.”

“No, I am, I just…I guess I’m just worried you won’t enjoy it and then things will be weird between us.”

“Mike, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. But if I don’t, it’s not going to make me want to end our relationship; I’ll just need to communicate more about what I like. It’s not a big deal. And I have the same performance anxiety as you. We’ll both be just as nervous as the other. It’s okay.”

“You’re right.” He said.

We ended up watching a movie, although I have no idea what it was about because I spent about 98% of it making out with Mike and enjoying some heavy petting. I went home at about 11.

“I’m going to leave a spare key in my mailbox so you can get in before I get home from load out, okay?” I said heading to the door. I wrote down the combination to my mailbox and Mike kissed me.

“Okay, what do you want for dinner?” He asked standing at the door.

“Hmmmm, after load out I’d always just grab a pizza and some root beer. It was a tradition. But that’s so lame for a romantic date, maybe you could make that lasagna again?”

“Okay.” He said smiling.

“Thank you.” I said giving him a hug and another kiss.

“For what?” He asked pulling apart slightly.

“For being such an awesome boyfriend.” I said.

I kissed him one last time before leaving and he sent me a text to make sure I got home okay. I can’t wait for him to meet Murphy for the first time on Wednesday!

(Author's Note: The 7th is the third year anniversary for this blog! Can you believe it's been around for so long?)

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering the same thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the same thing....mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of wonder that myself. He seems sooo nervous about it. But I do agree with him, planning the first time would make you nervous even though it is smart. Hope Murphey likes him lol. And Del it is hard to believe it's been 3 years already. Happy anniversery!!

    ReplyDelete