Sunday, November 6, 2011

For Starters

My birthday was uneventful this year, which was good considering what happened a year ago around my birthday. My parents sent me a birthday card and the girls took me out to dinner to celebrate. It was a nice low-key get-together and exactly what I wanted. I went out to dinner with Randy tonight to celebrate a belated birthday with him and we had “the talk.”

“So, I’ve stopped seeing other people.” I said trying to sound nonchalant over our bruschetta appetizer.

“You have?” He said keeping his voice calm, “So, are you trying to tell me we’re exclusive now?”

“Yeah.” I said lightly touching his arm, “Except, I think we should take things slow. I like Teddy a lot but I don’t want him to be…” I couldn’t think of the best way to say what I wanted but Randy chimed in.

“You don’t want him to be hurt if things don’t work out.”

“Yeah.” I said exhaling with relief, “I mean, he is adorable and a great kid but…”

“No you’re right. We should be realistic about this. Sometimes relationships don’t work out and it’s better to just acknowledge that sometimes there can be repercussions, especially when kids are involved. I get it. We’ll go slow and introduce Teddy to what we have when we both feel okay about it.”

“Thanks for understanding, Randy. How late is the babysitter staying?” I asked with a seductive not to my voice.

Unfortunately Randy couldn’t stay the night but we did have time to do some fooling around in my apartment before he had to go relieve the babysitter. I wish Randy was a little more adventurous with the sex stuff. It’s not…bad or anything it’s just very vanilla. It makes me feel like we’re one of those married couples that only have sex with the lights off, straight-missionary, and nothing else. Sometimes I get the vibe that he feels guilty when he’s with me, like he feels like he’s cheating on his dead wife or something. Now that I can officially call him my boyfriend, I figure we should have a talk about this the next time he stays the night.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind Randy, but I don't think he and Faith are going to stick together for long. I know she likes him, but I can't wait until she meets someone who she really has a spark with. I just hope neither one of them get hurt in the process.

    ReplyDelete