Friday, November 25, 2011

Candid

Apparently, I’m making sleeping with Sean a habit. Yes, it happened again (actually a few times since I last posted). Yes, I hate myself for it. No, I don’t know why I’m letting this happen. No, I haven’t told anyone about it.

He called me to see if he could come get the sweater he’d left behind back and I said okay. What I should have done was left it at the front office and had him pick it up there but I didn’t. He came over, we had coffee, he started talking about the tour and Karen and the baby and being a dad, and then it just happened. He’s been coming over off and on for what are essentially booty calls. We aren’t back together again; we’re just both sleeping with each other.

Last night we were laying next to each other and staring at the ceiling. I was overwhelmed with guilt and wasn’t really in the mood to listen to Sean wax nostalgic about our relationship like he usually does afterward.

“I’ve missed you, Faith. I’ve missed THIS.”

“What cheating on your girlfriend?” I said unapologetically.

Sean was quiet for minute; like he was deciding whether to take the fight or not.

“Oh, so I’m cheating on Karen but you’re not cheating on Russell?”

“Randy.”

“Whatever. You don’t get to judge me anymore for cheating on you, Faith, not when you’re doing the same thing.”

“It’s NOT the same.” I said shaking my head and continuing to stare at the ceiling.

“No, you’re right. It’s worse than what I did to you because you keep doing it. I only slept with Karen the one time.”

“Oh, and I can be sure of that? You practically lived with her on a tour bus. How am I supposed to know you weren’t sleeping with her on the side?”

“I’m not getting into this.”

“Fine, are we going to talk about all the other things you never wanted to talk about when we were together? Like Paul?”

“Faith, don’t.”

“You should probably go. Karen will be suspicious. What have you been telling her, anyway, to get time away from her to come over here?”

“Band practice.”

“She probably knows, you know.”

Sean didn’t say anything for awhile.

“You’re right, I should go.”

“Bye.”

He got up, got dressed, and left without another word. As soon as I heard my front door close, I got a text from Randy:

“Are we still on for tomorrow night? The babysitter is going to stay the night ; )”

I replied, “yes” and immediately felt guilty. I know I should tell Randy. I know that I’m cheating on him and it sucks because I know how bad that feels but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’ve tried a few times but I can’t bring myself to say the words. Randy seems so happy and content in our relationship right now and I don’t want to be the one that ruins it even though I already have.

Thanksgiving at Zoey’s was fun. She cooked some awesome food, Molly helped, and we had it at Wesley’s new place. I’m pretty sure Zoey and Wesley will end up moving in together pretty soon and it feels bittersweet. I’m happy for Zoey. She deserves to have a great guy but I’m also jealous. Sean and I were going to live together and be happy and it didn’t work out and instead I’m sleeping with my cheating ex-fiancé while I’m dating a great guy. I’m really messed up, guys. And I can’t talk to any of my friends about it because they hate Sean and they don’t think I should be dating Randy, either.

10 comments:

  1. Well at least she realizes she shouldn't be dating Randy right now. It won't be easy, but she needs to break it off with him. Shame he seems like he'd be a great guy for her, but she's just not ready (something all her friends already know) and when is the last time she went to counseling. That'd be a great place to talk this out and help Faith get her head straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we not going to get a post for Wednesdays missed post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did post Wednes. and this is just a fun blog the writer owes you nothing so chill out and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. except she didnt. and your tone isn't appreciated. I wasn't rude. it was a question and a valid one. she herself made a schedule and said that would be it, MWF. we have been very understanding of her different things that have come up. it was an honest question. sometimes when people set posts to show, they dont. so why don't YOU chill out, eh?

    if you think she posted on wednesday read the comments from the last post- she didnt. that one was posted this past monday. the blog is backtracked to nov, so even though the day says wednesday it's not posted on that date.

    we're not demanding another post, we were asking what happened to the missed post.

    regardless this is great writing, so we'll take what we can get, considering how shoddy other blog writers are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheez...I just typed in any ole' thing, testing to see if this site would take my comment. I haven't been able to log on for a long time (couldn't get the site to verify my account or whatever); I'd just get impatient with trying and give up. So, it finally takes something from me, and it's "zzz". Go figure. (Btw, that wasn't a comment on the blog content or anything...just something random to test.

    Anyhoo, HI SWEETLARA!!! (Laura B). I tried to answer you on here from a while back, but I already explained how successful I've been with THAT lately. How are you? Miss ya.

    Great storyline, Del. Though, I'm really wondering what's up with poor, messed-up Faith lately. That girl is all over the place these days.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS, LADIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Faith. Girl needs some time to just clear her head and relax. :( I think her friends would be shocked, definitely, but hopefully supportive. Maybe she should start going to a therapist (sometimes having an objective party helps a lot.)

    Happy holidays, everyone!

    Also, Del, pay no mind to that troll, please. We all really love your blog, whenever you are able to post! We understand your real life comes first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im not trying to start anything, but I have to take the side of the "troll".. Del said she'd be back to her schedule of mon, wed, fri.. the "troll" merely asked if she was going to post for the missed post on wednesday. it wasn't rude, mean or anything. it was just a question. In all honesty, all anyone had to say was "troll (sorry, I don't know your name, you used numbers as a log in) sorry, but I believe she posted on Wed" - but it's true. if you go back in the comments, people were already asking about the missed wed. post. So I really think she/he was unfairly jumped on for asking a simple question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be fair, that poster was a little rude in the comments on a previous post: 3cbbbb92-3254-11e1-94c5-000f20980440 said...

    uh, update?
    December 29, 2011 1:35 PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regardless of a blogger's intent of set, regular posts, some readers seem to forget that these writers are providing a free service - with no form of payment or expectation of gain in return. They are uncompensated bloggers with "real" lives - real problems and unforeseen details that complicate their schedules. So, even though there's a loosely set timetable of expected regular posts, it still seems unnecessarily pushy to pressure these writers with impatient messages. That in itself comes off as rude.

    ReplyDelete