Friday, October 28, 2011

Shock and Awe

I was freaking out about my date with Randy at work. I was so distracted and kept looking at my phone every five minutes but he never sent me a text cancelling so I got ready when I got home from work and waited until he picked me up. The knock on my door seemed hesitant and was quiet. When I opened it he was dressed nicely which I took to be a god sign.

“Hey,” I said smiling and hiding my surprise that he wasn’t standing me up, “Let me just grab my coat.”

“Actually can we talk in your apartment first?” He asked.

“Oh. Okay.” I said stepping backwards and letting him inside.

He went and sat on the couch and I sat in a chair.

“Look, I think I should explain about this morning…” I said hoping to get everything over with.

“Faith, I don’t care that you’re seeing other guys. We’ve never talked about being exclusive with each other but I just wanted to let you off the hook because you seemed pretty freaked out this morning.”

My mouth was hanging open and he continued talking while I sat there silently.

“I’ll admit that I was pretty jealous and maybe even hurt at first but then I realized how inappropriate that was. You aren’t my girlfriend and I have no claim to you. Even if you were my girlfriend it doesn’t mean I own you but I would hope we would agree upon monogamy if we were dating exclusively.”

“O-okay.” I said absolutely shocked.

“But,” He said taking a deep breath, “I would like to be exclusive with you.”

He sat back and waited for my reply which didn’t come because I was still so shocked that he wasn’t livid and accusing me of cheating on him. He decided to start talking again.

“I know that you probably want to think about it but I just wanted to put it out there so I’m clear about what I’m looking for with you and where I’d like to see this go.”

“O-okay.” I said wondering if I had just agreed to be exclusive with Randy or not.

“Should we go?” He asked standing up. I followed him and grabbed my coat. We went out to dinner and had a nice time. It wasn’t awkward at all but I’m still so amazed that Randy was okay with me seeing other people. I think seeing me with someone else may have sparked something in Randy because he was very affectionate when I invited him in for a piece of pie at the end of our date. He couldn’t stay because the babysitter needed to leave soon so we didn’t have sex but there was definitely some heavy petting and some really hot kissing and touching.


(Author's note: My mom was hit head-on by a drunk driver on Friday afternoon when she was driving back to the elementary school she works at after her lunch break. This is going to be the last post for about a week or so. My mom is going to be okay and will make a full recovery but I've got to place my full focus on my family and not on the blog for right now. Please feel free to speculate about what's going to happen in the comments until I can split my focus back to this blog. I'm sorry, it feels like this blog is never going to catch up with real time. This year has been pretty terrible overall and this Friday has just been the cap to the worst year ever. See you guys in a week or two. -del)

11 comments:

  1. You family should always come first. Thank you for the update and good luck. We'll be here when your life will calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Del, I'm so sorry. I'm glad your mom is okay--take all the time you need! I will miss the blog (it's my favorite!) but I understand family comes first. You've got my best wishes!

    As for Faith and Randy, I like where that went. I'm glad Randy turned out to be very okay with it, despite Faith's sheepishness. I wonder what will happen between the two of them....? I'm not judging Faith at all, but I think Chris is pretty immature and I'm not sure how she puts up with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Mom's accident, but glad that she will make a full recovery. Of course you need to focus on your family, when you are ready we'll be here. Take care, keep us posted and thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! i am so so sorry! Im a long time reader, and I know we will all still be here when you get back. I wish your mom the best and will keep her in my thoughts as she recovers. very glad to hear shell make a full recovery. A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is sad, hope your mom will be ok, just another reason why i don't drink n drive. I hope that idiot goes to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your mum recovers well. Take care Del. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After her lunch break?? That's the middle of the day. Thank God she's okay. Prayers for you and your family. Happy to wait for more Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness she is ok! And of course we all wish the best and will wait for you to be able to come back!

    Best wishes and prayers
    Nova

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your mother! And I hope she doesnt get exclusive with Randy, he has a kid and thats alot to take on this quickly i think anyway....

    http://justjaycee-jugglinglife.blogspot.com/

    Check it out if any of you are bored lol, sorry if im not suppose to do that! i found this blog that way so i wanted to share

    ReplyDelete
  10. im so sorry about your mom, del. your mom & fam are in my thoughts. don't worry about us. we'll be here. im so bummed but thats just cause i love this blog so much. clearly, we understand.

    oh faith. i don't even know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...I'm out of touch lately. Can't believe that happened to your poor mother, Del. Sending lots of positive thoughts - so happy she's going to make a full recovery. Be well and no stressing about your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete