Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Friend Date

Randy and I have a date this weekend. I’m looking forward to it for obvious reasons. Chris and I went to dinner last night and I noticed that he was checking out a lot of girls while we were eating. I’m not even sure he heard a word I said. It annoyed me. And I know that sounds stupid because we’re not in a serious relationship and I’m dating other guys but it’s kind of rude to be on a date with someone and basically have your eyes glued to the waitress’s ass, right?

I was so annoyed that I didn’t invite him up to my apartment when he dropped me off and I’m pretty sure it bothered him somewhat. Whatever.

Anyway work has been…rocky lately. I don’t think our subscribers are really embracing the new all-digital concept we’re planning on moving to. I heard Tanya and Todd talking about the feedback from some test groups and it wasn’t good. The staff likes it, though. We’re planning on launching it to all of our subscribers in another week or so and we’ve already started advertising it. Stormy has even teased about it on air and put his support behind it.

My lunch group and I were chatting over lunch and Steve asked Stormy about Rose unexpectedly.

“How is Rose, Stormy? Are you liking co-habitation?

Stormy looked like he had to think pretty hard about the phrasing before he said anything.

“It’s…different living with a girl 24/7. I had to put most of my stuff in storage so it’s mostly just her stuff and I…nevermind.”

Stormy got really quiet all of a sudden and then shrugged noncommittally.

“It’s fine. I’m just getting used to it.” He said finally.

I eyed him suspiciously but the conversation moved on. When all of us were getting up to go back to work I pulled him aside.

“Do you want to get a pizza and some beers and come over some time?” I asked.

He looked at me uncertainly.

“Oh, God! No! Not as a date…as, like, a friend hang out thing.” I said trying to make it less weird.

“Um. Yeah, okay. How about tomorrow?”

“Awesome! We can watch Project Runway!” I said.

Stormy groaned.

“It’s a great show!” I said, “I’ll pay for the pizza and beers.”

“Fine.” He said grudgingly.

So I have a friend date tomorrow night with Stormy. Maybe he’ll open up about the Rose thing. Either way, it’ll be nice to not be around a friend who’s going to judge me. Anna, Molly, and Zoey aren’t invited, obviously.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...wonder how long the "friend-hang-out-thing" is going to fly without things getting dicey between Faith and Stormy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh...not how I thought this post would go...I wonder if she will end up in an awkward hall moment with Randy and Stormy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is anyone else worried about something going down between Stormy and Faith while they're alone in her apartment drinking, spilling their hearts out to each other? I just feel like Faith keeps making terrible decisions and she can't see it.

    ReplyDelete