Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fan Girls

"What exactly does one wear to a court mediation with one’s attempted rapist?" I mused to Molly in my apartment’s bedroom.

I haven’t really moved out of Sean’s yet but I was there with Molly for a pizza night to kind of get me to feel more comfortable in it. In the mean time, I’ve had my landlord change the lock on my door and my windows, and they put a security camera in the main lobby along with a new lock on the main door that has a security chip in it so it will only open for people with a matching chip. It was nice of them to do that but I know it wasn’t just for me. Word spread about my break-in and I know the other residents in my building have been on edge since it happened. I have a feeling the security camera and special lock are from the panic the residents have expressed collectively and were only installed to calm down the hysteria.

"Maybe a business-y outfit? How about that blazer, with that pencil skirt and that blouse with the bow?" Molly said pointing at various items in my closet.

I pulled them out and layered them like and outfit before I laid them out on my bed to look at the whole thing.

"You know you’re really good at putting outfits together, are you sure you want to be an actress?" I joked.

"Yep, I love acting, sadly. I think I’d make a great costume designer, though."

"You know, if you want a new part-time job, I could see if Anna has any openings for a stylist or something since she’s sort of in charge of hiring people now."

"I would definitely be interested in that. Acting is my first love but fashion is definitely my second."

Just then the buzzer rang for the pizza we ordered and I ran downstairs to meet the delivery guy. We started stuffing our faces in my living room while watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

"You know," Molly said, taking a bite of pizza, "I never liked Frodo that much."

"What!? Why!?"

"I liked Sam more, Frodo was weak and I just never thought he deserved to be considered a hero. I mean Sam drags him to the volcano in Mordor and near hand-delivers the ring and Frodo can’t complete the task. If it wasn’t for Golem, the ring would never have been destroyed because Frodo never would have let it go."

"But Frodo is the metaphor for how the ring destroys its owners. Sam is a metaphor for the goodness found in people, it makes sense that he would be Frodo’s main man and ally."

"Yeah but at the very end, after Frodo’s written his book, he totally leaves Sam without even a warning."

We went back and forth like this the whole night and it was so much fun. W even started moving on to other book series.

"I hate Bella! Actually, I hate ALL of the characters in those wretched books."

"Finally something we agree on," I said, "You know what I just realized that is way too funny?"

"What?"

"The gay couple in Sean’s band, well, their names are Jake and Eddie, short for Jacob and Edward."

"You KNOW there’s some fan fiction out there revolving around that pairing." Molly giggled and we eventually ended up on my computer reading some of the dirtiest fan fiction I have ever seen in my life revolving around Jacob and Edward from the Twilight series.

I really like Molly. Since we’ve become friends, my life has been pretty crazy but she makes me feel more grounded to how my life is normally and I really enjoy that part of our friendship. She just relaxes me when I need it the most.

We finished our pizza and movie marathon and then we both left. She dropped me off at Sean’s and I waved good-bye. Sean’s been kind of distant since I told him I was having a mediation with Kevin. I think he’s really worried about the charges Kevin is pressing against him and doesn’t want to tell me because he knows it will make me feel bad. But, I already know and I’m sure he knows that I know so now it’s just this big elephant in the room that neither of us really wants to bring up. I was kind of relieved when I walked in and he was still at work.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know about the LOTR references because I didn't pay that much attention to the one and only time I watched them. But oh how I hate Bella. Books or movies I cannot stand that girl.

    But Sean and Faith do need to stop dancing around the lawsuit and be open with eachother. if not it will just fester and ruin what they have together.

    ReplyDelete