Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanksgiving

Anna invited us all to her house for Thanksgiving this year and it was wonderful. She’s the best cook ever and I ate my weight in turkey, mashed potatoes, and all the other fixings. When dinner was over, Elise, Zoey, and I offered to clean the dishes. Anna joined us in the kitchen while Theo and his two brothers watched football in the other room.

“I have some news,” Anna said when we finished the dishes, “I’m pregnant!”

We gave our congratulations to her and covered her in hugs and kisses. “I’m about 4 weeks along and have really bad morning sickness, but it’s going to be so worth it when this baby comes.”

Anna took a test last week that came out positive but wanted to double check at the doctor’s office before she told anyone. She told Theo last night who was very excited and bought all sorts of baby books right after she broke the news.

I’m really happy for Anna and Theo, they’re going to be great parents and Anna has wanted to be a mom for so long. When I got home I started thinking about how much my life has changed since I was in college. I live in my very own apartment, which I can honestly say I never really imagined happening, my friends are married and having babies, I have a career that I love, my family members are all healthy and happy, and I'm dating a guy who's perfect for me. It truly was a great Thanksgiving because I have so much to be thankful for and I’m so grateful for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment