Friday, December 11, 2009

Holy Cow

Dean and I were laying in bed after a particularly steamy sack session when he started playing with my hair.

“Faith, I need to be honest with you about something.”

I warily looked at him and tried to figure out what was coming.

“I don’t think we can see each other anymore.”

I pulled away and looked at him shocked, “I thought things were going really well between us. Is there something going on? I mean I thought- I enjoy spending time with you.”

“Faith, I like you a lot and I really do want to be with you, but I just can’t.”

“Why, I want to be with you too, why isn’t that enough?”

“I don’t really want to talk about why we can’t be together. We just can’t.”

I started getting angry, “I deserve an explanation!”

Dean sighed and looked really tired, like he’d been struggling with his decision for awhile, “Faith, I’m going to become a priest. I didn’t want to tell you because I thought you’d freak out about it.”

I stared at him in disbelief, “A priest!? How is that even possible? You’ve just made sure that I’m going to Hell!” I screamed as I wrapped myself as tightly as I could in my sheets and tumbled out of bed and away from him.

“Faith it’s not like that. I take a celibacy vow when I enter the seminary next week, you’ve done nothing wrong. I just…I found my calling…”

“I need you to leave…immediately. I can’t really look at you right now so I’m going to go into my bathroom and close the door, when I come back out you need to be gone.”

I stumbled into my bathroom trapped in my sheets and slammed the door. I didn’t move from my bathroom for about 30 minutes and when I finally came out any trace of Dean had disappeared from my apartment. I crawled into bed and started crying.

3 comments:

  1. So basically Dean used Faith for sex? Now I thought Kevin was a complete tool, but I guess I was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I was wondering about that after their first date, but when they started having sex I thought no, priesthood is not for him. But yea he certainly used her to get it out of his system or whatever. I don't know how any man or woman can take a vow of celibacy?? I mean it is so against human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a jerk! He could have picked a better time and place to drop that bombshell. In fact, he should have been upfront from the beginning. Letting Faith get emotionally invested and then getting intimate is just cruel. Dean is right up there with Kevin in jackass behavior.

    ReplyDelete