Sunday, December 6, 2009

Evaluation

Dean came by to pick me up at work today. We had planned to meet for lunch before he disappeared to spend Thanksgiving with his family and I spent it with my girls. We decided that including me into Thanksgiving would be too soon for our relationship and honestly, I was so relieved by not having to meet his family yet. Moms tend to dislike me.

Anyway Dean arrived while I was finishing up a job interview and waited outside. As I said goodbye to the potential employee I grabbed my coat and we went to a sandwich shop down the street. It was a really nice lunch and I was disappointed to have to go back to work. Dean insisted on walking me back to my office. I thanked him and gave him a kiss before he left. When I went to sit at my desk, Kevin walked in.

“Who was that?” He said trying to be nonchalant.

“That was Dean, my boyfriend, did you need something?”

Kevin looked disappointed and turned red, he looked at his shoes and mumbled, “I need some more evaluation sheets.”

I got up and moved to a file cabinet and opened the bottom drawer to get more evaluation sheets. When I stood up and turned around I had a feeling Kevin was looking at my ass. I cocked my head and said, “How many evaluations have you completed?”

“About half.”

“These should be enough.” I handed him the pink evaluation sheets and went to sit back at my desk. Kevin was lingering in my office so I offered him a chair which he took.

“What do you really want, Kevin? I’m trying to work.”

“Faith, I just wanted to apologize again…about…you know.” Kevin really did look sorry and I felt bad for being so cold to him.

“Look, Kevin, I don’t agree with your actions and I think cheating on someone is the lowest thing you can do in a relationship, but I don’t want you to have to tip-toe around me. I’m a big girl and I’ve moved on, my job requires that we work together and I like my job so I’m committed to doing that, but nothing more.”

Kevin nodded his head, sighed and left my office. I don’t really know what to think of that but I know that the possibility Kevin and I ever had available is gone and I’m okay with it now. Dean is great and I’m happier when I’m with him. I barely think of Kevin in a romantic way now and it feels good to be over him and be fully committed to Dean. Hopefully this will be the last time Kevin and I need to talk about the whole fiancĂ©e situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment