Monday, December 14, 2009

Let's do Brunch

I laid around in my apartment in a fog and went to work unresponsive for the better part of this week. It got to the point that Zoey was practically tearing down my door to knock some sense into me by the time the weekend rolled around. I went to open the door in sweatpants with my hair a complete mess and food stains on my shirt.

“Dear God,” Zoey looked around my apartment at the take out laying on my coffee table, the empty ice cream pints on my end table, and the multiple pizza boxes laying on my dining room table, “Puts some pants on we’re going to brunch.”

“I don’t really want to go anywhere right now,” I said being whineier than I intended.

“Well you might not, but I can’t be in this pigsty for longer than ten minutes, get going.”

I ran a brush through my hair and put it up in a messy bun, changed into some jeans and put a clean shirt on, and topped it off with some ballet flats and my black pea coat. We started walking to the café around the corner and I realized just how cold it was outside without any real shoes on. By the time we got to the café I was shivering and snow had started to fall. When we were seated I ordered a hot chocolate and a fruit plate and Zoey ordered a coffee and an cheese omelet.

“Faith, you have got to snap out of it. You’ve been like this for a whole week, it’s time to begin the moving on process, okay?”

I looked at Zoey and sighed, “I know, I just…I really liked him. And… a PRIEST!?” I started making a scene and Zoey put her face in her hands shaking her head. I was embarrassed and got a lot of dirty looks from the people sitting around us. “It’s just…lately, all the men I’ve had chances with have lied to me….don’t I deserve to be told the truth upfront? I don’t understand what kind of signal I’m sending to men that makes them think it’s okay to lie to me.”

“Oh, stop being so dramatic,” I looked up from my fruit plate and gave Zoey a dirty look, “Yes, Kevin and Dean lied to you, but they aren’t the representation of all men, you’ll get back on the saddle and find a great new guy to have sinful sex with.” Zoey winked, smiled, and sipped her coffee.

When Zoey finally let me go back home (we went Christmas shopping afterward, which cheered me up a little) I thought about what she said and decided to forget about Dean and Kevin. Zoey was right, there’s plenty of honest guys out there and I’ll find one eventually.

But seriously….a PRIEST!?

1 comment:

  1. The more i think about the more I think what Dean did was worse than what Kevin did. i mean if Dean wanted to have some sexual fun before he took his vow of celibracy then he should have been upfront about it. Maybe Faith would have been into it maybe not, but at least he wouldn't have been playing with her feelings.

    ReplyDelete