Monday, June 20, 2011

Preparations

Zoey came over for dinner and a rented movie the other night. I updated her on the situation with Sean and told her that I’m planning on surprising him on the road. She told me all about her vacation, showed me pictures, and pretty much beamed the entire time while she told me about it. She’s going to watch Murphy for me while I’m out of town so I’m glad I don’t have to worry about that while I’m away.

“So, Sean was able to get his therapist to do conference calls, huh?”

“Yeah. The change is like night and day. Sean does better in therapy.”

“And how are you doing in therapy?” Zoey asked.

“I’m making progress. I think my sessions with Dr. Sheehan have really helped me heal and gain perspective with the whole Kevin situation and I feel like I’m starting to really move on from it. I think therapy has helped me become a better communicator and a more understanding person.” I said thoughtfully.

“That’s great, Faith.” Zoey gave me a hug, “So Sean has no idea you’re going to visit him?”

“None whatsoever. I’m really excited. I think he’ll appreciate it to. I think it’ll show that I’m committed to make this work just as much as he is and that I’ll do what it takes to get through this tour.”

“What if there are more tours afterward?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you and Sean seem to be focusing only on this tour but you’ve said yourself that the band is gaining more recognition and the producers are putting a lot of money into the tour. This is going to be the first one but it won’t be the last if they start to take off.”

“We’re just going to focus on one thing at a time. I think if we get ahead of ourselves it’ll make things confusing.”

“Okay.” Zoey shrugged, “Do you need a ride to the airport?”

“That would be lovely.” I said grabbing a Chinese food container and settling onto the couch.

I’m SO excited for this trip to see Sean. I think he’s going to flip, he has no idea I’m coming or that I’ve made a hotel reservation for us so that he doesn’t have to spend the night on the tour bus. I really need this little vacation, too!

3 comments:

  1. This seems ominous, like something bad is going to happen on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Sweet Canadian....(Im a Canuk too! :) I'm totally thinking something is going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are definitely too calm. Something tells me this surprise visit will end up being more of a surprise for Faith than for Sean.

    ReplyDelete