Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crazy Cat Lady

I checked my e-mail and had a response from Sean:

I’ll be there on Wednesday but I’ll only be able to stay for a few hours.

-Sean

With that news I decided to get cracking on the list of questions I want answered. Not only did Dr. Sheehan say that the list will help me get the closure I need if I decide to then end the relationship, but she said it will help me keep my emotions in check, which was something I brought up to her. I feel like every time Sean and I go through a fight or an argument (which, thinking about our relationship as a whole, seems like a pretty frequent thing) I always get emotional and sometimes lose my ground because of it. Dr. Sheehan also suggested that we see a couple’s counselor if I choose to continue the relationship. I agree and I’ve asked her for a recommendation. I’ve decided that the couple’s counselor is going to be something I need Sean to agree to. I know it’ll put a large burden on him what with the tour and him being gone, but I don’t see how we can repair what’s been broken or rebuild without the help of a professional.

So right now my demands are:

· Tthat we see a counselor every two weeks (personally I would like it to be every week, but I know Sean will not be able to do that)

· Tthat he answer all of my questions and tell me everything

· Tthe engagement is completely off

So…it’s not a very long list of demands, my list of questions is a lot longer and continuing to grow with each day. If I’m being honest, I think I’m being really generous by listening to what Sean has to say for himself and I also feel really stupid for even entertaining the idea that I not dump him immediately for what he did.

I don’t need a boyfriend, guys, not when I have one man who will never leave me. Murphy has been so great to me through this. I think pets can sense when we’re sad and Murphy has always been really intuitive and protective of me (I mean, he DID attack Gerry when Gerry threatened me in my kitchen). I should just adopt 8 more cats and become a crazy cat lady who is destined to be alone.

4 comments:

  1. Why is the list of demands missing the first couple of characters? I'm assuming it's that, that, and the?

    Love the post, I just wish it were longer...or that there was going to be another one before Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely not destined to be alone. I don't like that the experiences with Kevin and Sean have led her to feel like she is either unlucky at dating or there is something wrong with her. Faith is wonderful, and I wonder how Sean's betrayal have affected her ability to trust, especially since she was only truly started recovering from the Kevin incident through her relationship with Sean. Maybe Faith needs to be alone for while, and 'do her'.

    I think she can forgive Sean, but forgiving doesn't mean staying in a relationship with him. I think she should forgive him, and move on. I think what Sean did was particularly devastating and relationship-destroying, as he was the one who held her and saw first-hand the effect of Kevin's cheating with Faith's breakdown at the hotel they they were at back then. To cheat on her knowing how Kevin's betrayal led her to have such difficult trusting someone, and letting someone in...I think for that Sean needs to be out of her life, at least for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOME cheaters will always be cheaters. but Sean seems so genuinely head-over-heels in-love with Faith (and so genuinely remorseful) that there must be some reason for his lapse...so no, Faith, i DON'T think you're being "generous" by hearing him out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genuine remorse doesn't mean anything except he's sorry. He was incredibly selfish by unloading that all on Faith AFTER having sex with her. Think about it, there are two possible times that it happened: one while they were "broken" up because he thought he seen something he didn't and stormed off OR while they were engaged...either way he should have told her immediately, NOT after she flew out, rented a hotel room, and tried to alleviate the stress that the distance was causing on their relationship. She is being 100% generous by hearing him out because if it were me, I wouldn't care WHAT the circumstances are, I'd be gone, and I wouldn't want to hear why he thought he was justified in screwing someone else. And if I were her, I'd make him quit the band/touring if he really wants to make it work, because I don't think I could ever trust him again while he was away.

    ReplyDelete