Friday, February 25, 2011

Twinsies!

Zoey and I decided to go buy Theo and Anna some extra diapers, a car seat, and some more baby clothes just to get them started (they’ll reimburse us for it all…can I just say: It is really expensive to have a baby) while Anna and Theo got acquainted with their new babies. They wouldn’t have been able to leave the hospital without the baby seat, so we picked up some extra stuff for them while we were buying the car seat.

When we came back, Anna’s parents left to go sleep at Anna and Theo’s house for awhile and Theo started putting the car seat together.

“How are you?” I asked Anna while setting aside some flowers and a congratulations balloon Zoey and I got her.

“I’m tired, but really, really happy.” She said.

Anna looked tired but the smile on her face was impossible to ignore. The babies were hanging out in the nursery because Anna fed them and she needed some serious rest after her super long labor (I think the total was 46 hours; the twins are 6 minutes apart).

“What did you end up naming them?” Zoey asked.

“Andrew and Jennifer.”

“We’re still debating, though. It’s not official.” Theo said coming back around the corner of Anna’s room.

“Theo doesn’t like ‘Jennifer’.” Anna said rolling her eyes.

“I want to call her Weatherly.”

“Well, both would be fine, either way. They are both pretty.” I said.

“We actually wanted to talk to both of you.” Anna said.

Theo sat next to her and took her hand.

“Okay.” Zoey said sitting in a chair next to me.

“We originally asked Faith to be the godmother of our baby but now that we have two and we’d like both of you to be the godparents to the twins.”

Zoey was visibly touched to be asked and she immediately gave them both a hug before accepting. I’m going to be Jennifer/Weatherly’s godmother and Zoey is going to be Andrew’s. Anna was starting to nod off after a few minutes so we said goodbye and headed to the nursery to see our little friends.

You guys. They are SO CUTE. I’m a godmother! I called Sean and let him know that Anna was doing well, that I got to see the twins, and that I wanted a baby, like, now.

“Uh, shouldn’t we wait until I make an honest woman out of you?” He joked.

“But I want one noooow!” I fake-whined.

“Faith. 46 hours of labor.”

“Touché.”

I decided that babies could wait.

5 comments:

  1. I can totally empathize with Anna. With my oldest, I was in labor for just over 48 hours and then had to have an emergency C-section. If she thinks she's tired now, she's in for a big surprise, especially with twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah...Anna's gonna be more exhausted than she's every imagined she could be - and probably for an extended period of time.

    Nice post. Faith seems like she'd make a great mommie...so giving and thinking of others all the time. She can satisfy her baby-lust for now by babysitting the twins sometimes to give Anna and Theo a break. Then she'll have the luxury of being able to hand them back afterward. Best of both worlds until she's ready for the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Ish I really feel for you. I had both of mine be planned C section but I just can't imagine your doc making you go that long before deciding on the c section. Its ridiculas that they do that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura B, wasn't really the doc's fault. I insisted on going a little longer because I really didn't want to have a spinal or get cut. But it became pretty obvious my son needed a little help in entering the world. He was 11.5 pounds with a really large noggin.

    My second was a planned C-section and that went a lot more smoothly. Needless to say, he wasn't as big as his brother (just shy of 9 pounds).

    ReplyDelete