Friday, September 3, 2010

Surprise for Sean

Sean sent me text after a gig the other night and it was just a really sweet gesture:

I was thinking about you a lot today. Hope work wasn’t too hectic. Sleep well and make sure to have lots of dirty dreams about me, because I know I’ll be doing the same…only with you…not me...that would just be weird. –S

I laughed and looked down at Murphy who mewed at the noise and was lazily moving his tail up and down in the rhythm of my hand strokes on top of his head. I smiled at him and thought about how sick he was just a few months ago and how much healthier he was now. It was a rare moment to have Murphy content like this, usually when we’re alone he’s so full of energy and dying for attention that I have to throw a cat nip mouse up my hallway so he’ll chase it and get tuckered out at an appropriate time. I’ve noticed that if at night Murphy will yowl around my apartment for hours. I think the yowling at night has something to do with his past. Since he only does at night, I think Murphy is afraid of the dark. It kind of makes sense…he was found inside a wet bag on the edge of creek after being stuck inside it for days, it was probably really dark inside of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy doesn’t like the dark because of his past but also because he doesn’t know that the darkness will eventually end, he probably yowls all night because he doesn’t know if the light will ever come back…you guys, my cat is afraid of the dark…my poor little guy. I know I sound like a pet psychologist but I think I’m on to something.

Normally, I like to sleep with my bedroom door closed and after I brought him home Murphy would sleep at the top of his kitty castle in the corner of my living room (he was so out of it on those medicines that he was asleep all the time, so I never noticed this behavior before). It wasn’t until recently that he started doing the night yowling and I was really worried about him so I let him sleep with me, but I was worried about keeping my door closed at night with him stuck in my bedroom with no access to food, water, or his kitty box, so once he stopped yowling (after sleeping my bedroom, specifically, on my head, for a few nights) I thought he’d be fine to go back to his kitty castle again. Well…that did just not fly with Murphy. To make a long story short, Murphy now sleeps with me at night (and I keep my door closed, he seems to be fine during the night so I guess my worry wasn’t necessary) and to make sure he sleeps well I’ve been exercising him so he’s tired by the time I’m ready to sleep. I’ve been trying this for about a week and he hasn’t roamed around the house meowing all night since then. It’s weird though, when Sean is here Murphy is always really mellowed out.

Anyway I was stroking Murphy and he was purring, which was his signal for bed time and I got an idea about Sean’s text message. I picked Murphy up and gently placed him on my pillow while I went to shower. After about thirty minutes, I had packed a small overnight bag, got dressed (which is a major overstatement), wrapped myself in a black mini trench coat, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door.

“What are you doing here? Is something wrong? It’s nearly three in the morning? Is Anna okay? Did she have another-“

“Everything’s fine.” I said. Sean was standing at his door with gray pajama bottoms on, his hair a tousled mess. He was rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

I was standing in his hallway and leaned against the wall while I untied my trench coat’s belt. When I opened the jacket, Sean wasn’t as sleepy as before.

I had worn the naughtiest pieces of lingerie I owned; a black and red lace corset top that was completely sheer with black thigh-high stockings, a nearly invisible thong, and black pumps.

Sean’s mouth hit the floor.

“Still sleepy?” I asked.

Sean looked up and down his hallway before walking from his apartment, throwing me over his shoulder, and hurrying to his bedroom. I really thought that if I surprised Sean (which seems to turn him on, from what I’ve observed) we might actually be able to have sex, unaided, and without an embarrassing experience for him and the truth is…we almost did.

Sean was pretty ready to go by the time he got my top off and we both looked down and then at each other when we realized what exactly was going on. I could tell that Sean seemed kind of relieved by the fact that we hadn’t hit a stumbling block yet and, of course, exceptionally happy about it. He was really interested in kissing me at that moment (out of happiness more than sexual passion, I think) and I took the opportunity to slip my hands down to his pajamas and in between the waistband, he was definitely prepared. Things started moving along at a faster pace than before and I couldn’t believe that we actually started having real sex, not oral, but real sex. It was short-lived though, Sean lost it and after 15 minutes of me vigorously trying to get things back on track, it was pretty clear that things would not be headed in that direction for the rest of the night.

If I’m being honest, I kind of just wanted to pout and be disappointed and whine and bang my fists against the bed while I threw a tantrum but I quickly realized how terrible that would make Sean feel and how ridiculous of a reaction it would be, so I settled for laying down and cuddling with Sean (who needed a few minutes to process what had just happened and overcome the humiliation).

“We have a date with Anna and Theo on Saturday,” I said to try and take Sean’s thoughts off of what happened, “We’re going to meet for dinner at a place Anna is going to choose and then go watch the band play.”

“Awesome, how is Anna?”

I had hit a moral dilemma…Anna asked me not to talk to anyone about what she’d told me but Sean is my boyfriend (who I’m in love with) and I debated whether or not I should tell him just to get everything off of my chest.

“Well….”

“Girl problems?” He asked raising his eyebrows and running his fingers down my arm which made me shiver in a good way.

“Yeah. She caught Elise hitting on Zoey’s boyfriend, like out right hitting on Zoey’s boyfriend.”

“Did Elise know-“

“That Zoey was dating him? Oh yeah.”

“Damn.”

“Right!?”

“What’s that all about?”

“I have no idea, Anna has forbidden me from telling anyone.”

“But…you just told me.”

“Yeah but you’re my boyfriend. I’m sure Anna tells Theo things that Zoey and I ask her to keep to herself. Besides, it’s not like you are ever going to bring it up to Zoey, Anna, or Elise, right?”

“Of course not. But….” Sean trailed off.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“No, what were you going to say?”

“It’s not a big deal…but Theo and Anna are married.”

“So?”

“I just kind of liked the fact that you compared us to them.”

“Why?” I asked turning to look up at him.

“Cause Anna seems really happy, or at least she did when I met her. She seems like she’s in a really strong marriage and now she’s about to have a kid…she just seems like she’s happy all the time and has everything she wants even if it’s not completely perfect. I like Anna and Theo.”

“You’ve never even met Theo.” I said laughing.

Sean intertwined his fingers with mine and looked into my eyes.

“Yeah, but someone who makes the person they’re in a relationship with as happy as Anna is…well, they just seem like they’ve got to be a great person, too. Do you see the way she looks when she talks about him?”

I was momentarily surprised at how perceptive Sean was in regards to the people around him and how lucky I truly was to be with him.

“Yeah, I have,” I said, “She looks the same way Zoey does when she talks about Wesley.”

“Maybe Elise just feels jealous…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you, Anna, and Zoey are all in relationships, right? Maybe she just feels like she can’t relate to you guys because she’s the only one who isn’t in one. I mean…since we started dating you spend most of your free time with me, maybe she just feels like she’s being forgotten about and flirting with Zoey’s boyfriend was a way for her to make herself feel better.”

I was shocked at how insightful Sean was being and I think he definitely had a point. I really haven’t hung out with Elise very much since Sean and I have been together so I’ve made a mental note to call her and really focus on what’s been going on in her life right now.

Thanks to the overnight bag I had brought with me, I didn’t have to leave in the middle of the night. We settled into bed and before we drifted off Sean said:

“This is really nice; you should stay over here more often.”

And then I went to sleep.

8 comments:

  1. That was just a really nice post. I still think Faith should confront Elise. Someone needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...love how close Faith and Sean are getting, and how they can still have a great evening together even after he can't perform sexually. Lots of guys might "turn off" after that out of humiliation, disappointment, and whatever else.

    I think Sean might have a point about Elise's "reasons" for being a shit, but...countless people find themselves alone and envious - and they still don't try to screw over a friend like she did. Playing with fire with your friend's guy? Pretty crappy; no excuse for that at all. I don't think Faith should let her squirm out of it with a sob-story when they get together. She ought to let her have it, and make her promise to back off completely. I also think Faith should tell Zoey; she should know. If for no other reason, it would be good to have a heads-up on both Elise's, AND Wesley's behavior...in case it's habitual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean is a smart one...I agree with Laura, Faith should connect with Elise and at least find out what is going on...then maybe confront her with it... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean may have a point about Elise...but it still doesn't excuse her actions. Destroying your friend's relationship because you are the only single one? That's high school crap.

    Love how Faith and Sean are despite the problems in the sex department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something i was thinking about... Didnt Sean say that he can only "perform" with someone he is in love with?? Doesnt that follow to say that since he can't, it means he isnt in love with Faith? In the post before the last, Zoey was telling her that Sean might say "i love you" back, but we know he isnt in love with her because he cant have sex with her unaided, and Faith knows that too, since he told her....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the sense that what Sean really means is that he has to be in a serious, committed relationship with someone who he knows also has deep feelings for him, in order to perform sexually. Since he and Faith started out in a very no-strings capacity, (and she took her time deciding that she wanted more from him), I think he just needs time to feel absolutely secure...even if he already feels love for her right now. He's probably just shaky about how SHE feels about HIM...especially considering Faith's initial reluctance to get serious with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo thanks for clearing that up witchy :)

    ReplyDelete