Monday, March 15, 2010

Boy and Girl Talk

I called Elise today because it’s been awhile since we’d had a nice girl talk session. She’s been super busy with photo shoots lately and stopped seeing Redford, the male model who hit on her a few months ago. He’s not from the city and they decided a long-distance relationship wasn’t what either of them wanted.

“I’m really okay with it. I’ve already had the rebound…” She said.

“Oh…but didn’t you just break up like three days ago?” I asked a little more surprised than I had intended.

“Um…well…the rebound kind of happened before that. Redford and I just weren’t making it work. I mean we haven’t seen each other since December. We weren’t together for a long time before we broke up, Faith.”

I told her I understood and then scheduled a movie date with her for later in the week but I had a call waiting and had to go. We said goodbye and I switched over to the other call.

“Hello?”

“What are you doing hot stuff?” I smiled at Kevin’s lame dirty talk.

“Hot stuff? What are you a talking Valentine heart candy?” He laughed, “speaking of Valentine’s day, thank you for the flowers, they’re beautiful.”

There was a pause, “What flowers?”

I laughed and rolled my eyes, “The flowers you sent to my office on Monday.”

“I didn’t send you any flowers.”

“Okay,” I said playing along, “well, I loved them, daisies are my favorite and to make sure you really feel appreciated, I got you a little present for Friday.”

We flirted over the phone for awhile before saying goodbye and then I went to take a bubble bath when I heard the sound of a hammer coming from the apartment next to mine. The apartment had been vacant for a few months from a small family that moved out and had finally had a new resident. I made a note to stop by and introduce myself to them sometime next week to let them get settled.

4 comments:

  1. Good, some intrigue lol. Looks like Faith has a secret admirror (ok my spelling is just way off lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't think Kevin bought her those flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...a mystery? Cool. I'm sayin' it's the new neighbor; bet he's a hottie.

    Witchypoo

    ReplyDelete