Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pack Your Bags?

Kevin and I had our date tonight and it didn’t go as I had planned, we ended up fighting. Dinner was actually really nice, we talked about work and then Kevin brought up something I didn’t expect.

“Faith, I think we should go on a trip together.”

I was so shocked I started choking on my food and Kevin patted my back until I could breathe again.

“I take it that’s a ‘no’, then?” He asked timidly.

“Not at all, I was just surprised, that’s all. A trip sounds like fun and the weather is getting nicer, too.” I started entertaining the idea of the two of us on the beach somewhere, “What kind of trip were you thinking?”

“Probably just a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast or something.”

“That sounds like a great idea. I’d love to take a trip like that with you.”

We discussed when the best time for us to go would be and decided on a weekend in March, he was going to find a bed and breakfast and I would research the activities around the area we could do when we got there. Then Kevin paid the check and we left to go to my place. I got out of the car while he went to go park and when I went to answer the door for him…

“What’s this?” I asked, confused.

“They’re flowers.”

“I can see that, but why? You already gave me flowers this week….”

Kevin gave me a really confused look, “I thought you were kidding about that. I thought that was a hint for me to buy you some…”

“Kevin you don’t have to keep pretending about the other flowers…” I turned and pointed to the vase sitting on my table.

“I didn’t give you those, Faith.”

I started getting frustrated, “Really? Then who did?”

“I have no idea!”

We ended up fighting about the flowers, which was the dumbest fight I’ve ever been involved in. Kevin decided to leave when things got too heated, he kissed my forehead before he walked out and I just kind of ended up sitting on the couch extremely angry and confused. If Kevin really didn’t send me the flowers, who did and why wouldn’t they have included a card? I assumed Kevin would send me flowers without a card because I’d know they were from him, but now I’m just confused.

1 comment:

  1. Getting intriging. Maybe the priest she was dating. Funny how guys act about things like that when it obviously is not Faith's fault someone sent her flowers.

    ReplyDelete