Sunday, March 28, 2010

Power Lunch

I sat down in my office after eating lunch and Kevin walked in behind me. He closed the door and sat down across from my desk.

“I have to work…..” I said, trying to avoid a fight at work.
“You’re still on lunch, I have 20 minutes.” He reached across the desk and handed me five brochures.

“What’s this?” I said looking at the vibrant pictures on the covers.

“It’s the bed and breakfasts I found. I thought I’d give you the top five and let you choose based on which one had the best activities in the area.”

I was speechless; the last thing I expected Kevin to bring up was the trip we talked about before our fight, I wasn't even sure if we were still going. I gave him a nod and tried to think of something to say.

“I’m not trying to brush anything off,” he said, picking up on my silence, “we can grab dinner tonight and talk about…stuff.”

There was an awkward silence that sat between us. Both of us probably felt like we should acknowledge the elephant in the room but Kevin knew that I would be very angry if he brought up our relationship at work. No one but Dina and Suzy know and they’ve both been sworn to secrecy. Kevin and I barely see each other at work anyway since things have picked up with the recent political climate going on, there’s been a ton of deadlines for our staff and Kevin oversees all of it, so he’s been working non-stop during the day. If I’m being honest, I didn’t really want to be around Kevin right now, either. I’m still struggling with what Zoey and I talked about and it seems the more I think about it, the more I realize how little I trust Kevin and I don’t know how to fix that. Dinner should be interesting.

3 comments:

  1. this blog is interesting and I love reading it. I just wish the posts were longer. Also what is your posting schedule? It sucks to go days without any posts and no one knows which days to expect one from you. Thanks for posting though, I love the story... can't wait to see how dinner goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried sticking to a regular schedule, but my class schedule along with rehearsals at night plus homework change from day to day so I wasn't able to maintain it. I've been trying to be more consistent, though. Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith! I just stumbled onto your blog from another and I really like it! I look forward to reading it whenever you do have a chance to post!

    ReplyDelete