Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the Up

Kelly has been doing a great job at the office and I can finally rest easy about that. I know there’s a possibility down the road that we might lose her, though. Kelly is an actress and just moved to the city so she isn’t making enough from acting to pay her bills which is why she works as a temp (now my full time receptionist) but eventually she probably will be able to make a living off of just acting and we’ll lose her. I knew this before I hired her but I feel okay about it.

Kevin and I went on a date last night and it turned out really well. We went to this charity event the paper was putting on for the Earthquake in Haiti and then went to get some real food since all they had were teensy crackers with spreads on them and sparkling water. We ended up going to a steakhouse and after ordering Kevin looked really nervous.

“Are you okay? You look like you have to pee or something.” I said trying to lighten the mood.

He nodded but then shook his head and blurted out what had been bothering him, “Are you absolutely sure you don’t want to do anything special for Sunday (Valentine’s Day)?!”

I laughed, “Calm down, we don’t need to do anything for that, I told you, I mean what I say, I’m not testing you. It’s okay, besides I’ll probably make plans with Zoey or something.”

He was visibly relieved and I realized that Kevin was probably carrying more baggage from his relationship with Hannah than I had thought. I took his hand and smiled. We sat in a comfortable silence until our food came and then couldn’t stop raving about how good everything tasted, because honestly, it was AMAZING!

After dinner we took a walk and Kevin eventually drove me home, I invited him up for coffee but we got a little, ahem, distracted from the coffee. Kevin kissed me almost immediately after I closed the door. He pushed me up against the door and I went to unzip his pants with one swift motion. He started unzipping my dress while I clumsily tried to walk to my bedroom with him still kissing me. He eventually moved to my neck and by the time we reached my room both of us were practically naked. He had me sit on the side of my bed and started kissing my thighs in a northward direction. After a few minutes I decided to return the favor. He stopped me before things got too far and I straddled him. Things went pretty quickly from there and we fell asleep snuggling together. I’m kind of relieved to know that the sex with him wasn’t a complete disappointment. I feel like I had this built up idea about it while pining for him and it lived up to expectations.

(**Author's note: I just realized that I've been really inconsistent with Kevin's Fiance's name. For the Record: Her name is Hannah, not Holly. I'll try to be more aware of typos in the future.)

3 comments: