Sunday, January 31, 2010

Uninvited

I spent the majority of my weekend running errands and doing chores but made sure to go to a bookstore to pick up a few things I’d been wanting for awhile. I ordered in and took a bubble bath and was just getting out when there was a knock at my door. I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and looked through the peephole, it was Kevin. Perplexed, I opened the door.

“Hey…uh what are you doing here?”

“I was in the neighborhood and thought I’d drop by to give you this.” Kevin kissed me and then gave me a small bouquet of daisies, which were my favorite. I was surprised and said thank you.

“Do you want to come in?”

“No, I just wanted to give you that.” Kevin kissed me again, this time with a little more heat. Right when I started getting into it he pulled away and kissed my forehead before leaving.

I put the flowers in a vase and changed into my pajamas, and put a movie in. Then I realized that Kevin lives pretty far away to just “be in the neighborhood” which means he went out of his way to bring me flowers. I’m not really sure if I should think this is romantic or a little creepy…

4 comments:

  1. Yea, once upon a time I'd have thought "how romantic" now it's creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'd have to say it's a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about how you see the glass. half full. sweet.

    ReplyDelete