Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Slumber Party!

I think I finally found a replacement for Vicki (the secretary I had to fire)! Considering how difficult that position has been to fill, I was super lucky to find Janna so quickly. Janna is fluent in Spanish and English, has 5 years of experience working as a secretary, and also the best shoes I’ve ever seen. I hired her on the spot, she starts tomorrow.

George came into work today to collect his things. It was an emotional day for all of us and George was very gracious when we gave him the giant card we all signed. He thanked us, told us his wife was feeling okay, and that they were going to Rome next. George hung back and talked to Suzy, Dina, and me before he left. I thanked George for being such a great boss and gave him a hug. He looked really tired but had a positive attitude. I can’t even imagine being in his position and have such a great attitude, George really is a remarkable guy; I’m going to miss him a lot.

It was Friday so Zoey and I had our weekly dinner; we decided to go for a Mexican restaurant that recently opened near my job.

“How’s everything going in the happiness department?” Zoey asked in between tortilla chip munches.

“You know, I think I’m okay. Dean is special and I enjoy being around him. I think Kevin was just a fixation and not actually something I wanted. What about you? Anything going on in the romance department?”

“No. I thought a new temp had some potential but he’s probably gay, I mean I do work for a fashion magazine and his sense of style is a little too on point if you know what I mean.”

“Well what happened to that guy that moved in across the hall?”

“Married.”

“Lame.”

“I know, I need to get back in the game, but ever since Sean, I just…I don’t know, it hasn’t been a priority, I guess.”

Sean is Zoey’s ex-boyfriend. They were together for two years and eventually broke up because he was a workaholic and Zoey had a suspicion that he was having an affair with one of his clients. He was a personal trainer and really vain. None of us really liked him and it wasn’t until he started coming on to Elise that Zoey realized he was all wrong for her. She dumped him and hasn’t been with anyone for 6 months even though she’s pretty over him.

“What if I set you up with someone from work?”

“Well, I mean, put some feelers out, I guess, but I’m really okay being single, I can make-out with whoever I want!”

We went back to Zoey’s place and invited Elise and Anna over to watch some awesomely bad romantic comedies and sleep over. It was a great slumber party with my girls.

5 comments:

  1. Oh...I remember the days when having slumber parties with "my girls" was a semi-regular thing. I wouldn't want to go back in time, but that's one aspect of bygone days that's missed. Great, close girlfriend relationships are a special treat in Life, and harder to find than you'd think, (especially after starting a family). Great post, Delor...I think your character development is coming right along. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just invited to a ladies adult slumber party. It was canceled last minute. I probably wouldn't have went anyway. the coach of a rivel Cheer squad was going to be there, and right now her cheerleaders are really knocking our cheerleaders lol. The drama of cheerocrocy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this blog's posting schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweetpea, she never listed one so I assume it is a whenever whatever. And right now I suppose the author is busy so just keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, you guys, I'm in the middle of finals and battling a serious head cold but I will start posting again next week. Again, very sorry.

    ReplyDelete