Sunday, November 15, 2009

D+

I’ve been in a strange mood ever since Kevin told me he was engaged. I feel so betrayed. I mean, if we had gotten together and started dating like Dean and I, would he have ever told me? Part of me isn’t sure he would have which makes Kevin super shady in my book. I can’t help but wonder if he would do that to me if we were dating, which makes me feel guilty because I have a great guy and keep thinking about Kevin. Things at work have been fine, Kevin has kept everything professional and there’s no awkwardness when we have to work together. I’m a little impressed at how easily we have been able to move past our feelings for each other and not let it affect what we do. Geez, it’s like we’re adults or something!

Last night Dean met with the girls for the first time and he was great. Zoey and Anna both approve wholeheartedly and Elise is still on the Kevin bandwagon (even though I told them all he was engaged before Dean got there) because she doesn’t think Dean is as cute and dating Kevin would be so scandalous. What can I say? The girl loves a scandal. Elise did come around to him eventually and so now she’s not sure who to root for.

Dean had to leave for a class about an hour and half after he arrived and bade us all goodbye. As soon as he walked out the door the girls started in.

“He has the cutest dimples!”

“Nice ass.”

“Is Kevin really engaged?”

At the talk of Kevin I kind of withered in my seat and Zoey went to comfort me.

“What is wrong with me? I have this great guy who’s honest with me and treats me with respect. He’s ambitious and we have a great time together, but I can’t stop thinking of Kevin!” I said on the verge of tears.

Zoey looked at me and started rubbing my back while Anna started ordering doubles of our vodkas and cranberry, “He betrayed you, it’s okay to be hung up on him for awhile. And you’re right Dean is a great guy, let yourself be happy, Faith.”

At that I looked at Zoey and had an epiphany. She was right. I just don’t want myself to be happy with Dean because Kevin was this other more scandalous prospect. Dean might not be my boss but he’s a great guy and my friends like him. There are qualities I find in Dean that I wish all men had. He’s a really great catch and as soon as I just let myself enjoy the fact that he wants to be with me, the sooner my desires for Kevin will go away.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just seems like that's how it goes...no matter how much we'd like it not to be: the guy who's GREAT and GOOD for us is the one we're having trouble focusing completely on - even though THAT'S the guy we know should be "The One". I think it's just a matter of waiting it out at times to get the bad-boy jerk out of our heads, so that we can get fully into "Mr. Right-For-Us". It sounds like Faith knows what she's doing, and what she'd like to see happen. Btw...I"ll be commenting as "Anonymous", since I couldn't get the site to take my comments the way I wanted. (I actually quit trying a few days ago because I got impatient and let it go when my computer would't obey me and do exactly as I wanted, exactly when I wanted it done). Anyhoo...this is Witchypoo. Hi, Delor! (Wait. Maybe it'll work this time. Let's see).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah-Baby! I actually got a blogging site to work for me. I just don't cease to be amazed by the daily turn of events, sometimes. Cool. So, Hi there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. should read, "wouldN't obey me", etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Delor...how's it going? Anyhoo, would you mind deleting the one comment of YOUR'S from the '3rd Times A Charm' post...at the end, when you say how you see my comments coming up? The comment is only discussing my tagline, (aren't you glad I finally figured this thing out so you don't have to bother with it?). Thanks ahead of time, if you see this. No need to delete my comments from here on out, since I obviously got the site to identify me as I wanted. Take care.

    ReplyDelete