Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shopping Around

Zoey, Elise, Anna, and I went shopping on Friday and it was definitely a spontaneous adventure. Instead of going to our usual places we decided to try some funky costume shops downtown for our work-related Halloween parties. I tried on several different costumes and decided on the subtle pumpkin mini bubble dress with green heels and green and white striped tights while Zoey went for a sexy cat costume that accentuated her cleavage. Anna decided on a toned down witch costume as Theo’s hospital was hosting a trick-or-treating benefit for children with cancer and she wanted to look appropriate and Elise decided on the sexiest costume of the four; a show girl costume complete with g-string, 8-inch bedazzled heels, a pretty intense feathered head dress, and pasties with red tassels. I use the term “costume” loosely, but if you’ve got a body like Elise, I guess you’re going to rock it. Elise’s costume wasn’t for a work-related party anyway.

We stopped for lunch in a really cute café and ordered some cinnamon cookies and hot apple cider. I told them about what happened with Kevin and my date with Dean while we waited.

“He’s cute, you know, it was sweet when he asked me for my phone number.”

“Screw Dean, I want to hear about Kevin some more! I saw him at the bar; you should snatch him up while he’s still on the market!” Elise said.

I blushed and shushed her. “He’s my boss Elise, I can’t just date him, it would be inappropriate and awkward.”

We moved on to less complicated subjects and Elise told us about Redford, the male model she went out with last week.

“What did you guys do on your date?” Zoey asked.

“Uh…well…we were going to go see an art gallery, but, uh…we decided to do something else,” Elise started to stammer and turned bright red.

“So how was the sex?” Zoey smiled and raised an eye brow.

“AMAZING! I think he’s definitely in the top 5,” Elise started to giggle.

After we finished our cookies and cider we decided to go to a few more stores and call it a day. When I got home I started thinking about what Elise said about Kevin. I don’t think I’d want to date someone I work with, let alone my boss, but he really is cute and I think we have a lot of chemistry. Plus…he’s a great kisser. It’ll be interesting to see what his costume is for the party tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment