Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Clear-Headed, For Once


I went over to Anna’s house for some twin time (they are getting SO big) and coffee. I told her about my confusing relationship situation and asked for her advice while the twins took a nap.

“I apologized to him and things have been steadily getting friendlier at work now. I think he might even be dating someone.” I said helping Anna fold a mountain of laundry.

“So, then he’s out of the picture now? Romantically speaking?” Anna asked.

“Yep. And so is Luke. He was all wrong for me anyway.”

“So…are you just going to take a break from dating for awhile?” Anna asked.

“I think so. I’m pretty sure I need to. I need there to be a break from all the dating issues. I feel like there was never really a break for me between all of these relationships with men I’ve had over the past two years, you know? Like, I stopped dating Dean and then almost immediately started dating Kevin and when that went south, Sean and I met and started casually seeing each other until things were made official and then when we finally broke up I just started going on this slew of bad dates with whoever showed me any interest. It’s time I stopped dating for awhile.”

“I think that’s a really good thing, Faith.” Anna patted my hand.

“I’ve been thinking about something Zoey said.” I said staring into my cup of coffee.

“Oh?”

“She thought that maybe volunteering at an animal shelter might help me with grieving for Murphy.”

“I agree with her, Faith, I think that would be a great idea. I have a list of animal shelters in the area if you want them.”

“Why do you have that?” I said with confusion.

“Oh, we were thinking about getting a dog, but with the twins walking now…I just don’t think it would be a good idea to have walking and crawling babies AND a puppy to deal with. So we’re just going to hold off a bit longer on that front.”

“Oh, okay, well, yeah I’ll take them off your hands for you.”

Anna went into her computer room and grabbed a printout of a list of animal shelter websites. I just got done looking at them and I’m scheduled to talk to a woman at volunteer services for three large shelters in the area soon. Hopefully I’ll start volunteering within a few weeks once I get all the paperwork filled out.

3 comments:

  1. chances she'll find murphy at one of these shelters???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's an idea. She'll just stumble across him somewhere!! I am glad Faith has decided to take a break from dating. She has made some poor choices, especially lately. And Sean did have some good qualities, but there was alot about him that I didn't quite like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Sweetlara... it wasn't until towards the end that his (Sean's) character REALLY took on some darker qualities. Their final days together were almost *spooooky* to me...a couple of severely damaged individuals feeding on each other's varied wounds. Gives me goosebumps when people wallow in their sicknesses together (melodramatic, admittedly - but just my take on situations like that). Anyhoo, Murphy in a shelter: YES! That would be a terrific twist - very positive. Would love that. Rise, Murphy, rise.

    ReplyDelete