Friday, March 11, 2011

Holy Hot Spring

Sean picked me up when I left for work early. He had rented a car and our bags were in the trunk so we were going to leave the city, stop for lunch on our way to the hotel, and then check-in when we finally got there. I’ve been looking forward to this trip since Sean asked me to go on it so when I saw him leaning against the car door as I left my building I practically jumped into his arms.

“Someone is ready for a vacation.” He said hugging me.

“Oh, you have NO idea.”

We kissed for awhile before finally hopping into the car and heading out of the city. I felt so refreshed being in a car with the windows rolled down and open sky in front of us without the skyscrapers cutting into it or being surrounded by sirens and honking. Feeling the wind against my face and in my hair and smelling how clean the breeze was was a really freeing experience and a great way to start off our weekend trip. I love the city but sometimes I forget how nice it is to leave it. The city can be claustrophobic if you end up staying inside it for too long. After about an hour of driving and listening to an awesome playlist Sean made for the trip (it was full of one-hit wonders from the 80’s and 90’s and was very nostalgic) we stopped at an outdoor burger joint that had some of the best food I’ve ever had in terms of burgers. I got a cheese burger and curly fries while Sean got a bacon cheeseburger and fried pickles (which sounds disgusting but they were DELICIOUS and I would eat them for the rest of my life if it wouldn’t give me a heart attack). We shared a giant cherry limeade and junior ice cream sundae.

After lunch we were sort of giddy so Sean pulled over in a rest stop and we ended up having sex in the back seat of the car which is always a better sounding idea than actually doing it but it was still fun and we were back on the road in no time, giggling about what we just did.

In another hour we were at the hotel and the brochure didn’t do it justice. I was in awe with how beautiful it was. There were flowering vines growing on the side of it and it was at the end of a long, private drive that was surrounded by oak trees and cherry trees to give added privacy. There was a koi pond in front of the entrance with a bridge over it and the doors to the foyer looked like they were inlaid with crystal rather than glass.

Sean checked us in and when we got to our room (more like a private cabana, actually) I had to keep myself from swooning. The biggest feature of having a room in this hotel is that each one has its own private outdoor area where a hot spring is, so each room, essentially, has its own hot spring right next to it. The patio that our hot spring was in was decorated with twinkling lights and was surrounded by hibiscus plants for privacy and “added aromatherapy” according to the brochure. The room itself had bouquets of fresh flowers all over and had a neutral color palette. It was a really relaxing place to be in and when I walked into the bathroom it was huge! There was a glass shower that had the shower head in the center of it rather than on a wall and a giant hot tub-like bathtub (I’m pretty sure a child could have swam in it) with a see-through bottom so you could see decorative seashells underneath it.

“Sean, I’m speechless. It’s gorgeous.”

He gave me a kiss, “I’m glad you like it. What do you want to do first?”

We both sort of stared at each other for a second before ripping our clothes off, forgoing swimsuits, and jumping into the hot spring. I’ve never had sex in a hot spring before but it didn’t disappoint in the slightest. If things keep going in this direction Sean won’t even see the new lingerie I bought just for the trip. We’re going to the hotel restaurant in a few minutes so I thought I’d update all of you on the first day of our trip while Sean is in the shower. Gotta go!

3 comments:

  1. Is this a real place? Sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I love how they stopped at a rest stop and did the wild thing. How awkward and totally fun! mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, this place does sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete