Monday, March 21, 2011

The Exact Date

Anna, Zoey, and Molly were all crowded around my left hand and staring at the ring on it.

“How did he do it?” Zoey asked looking up at me.

“In our hotel, right when we were leaving for check out.”

“Oh, that’s…romantic.” Molly said.

“Well…I sort of almost found the ring box and kept asking questions about it.” I said. We were seated at a table just then and I continued my story once the waiter left, “He didn’t wanted to do it right then, although he told me he had planned on asking me while we were there. He changed his mind about it though because we were both in a state of shock after watching the earthquake footage. And he probably wouldn’t have asked if I hadn’t seen him drop the ring box by accident. It took me another hour to say yes.”

“What?” Anna asked.

“I was taken aback at his proposal. I didn’t understand why he was asking me NOW of all times. I thought he was just doing it because he was leaving for the tour and thought that if he didn’t make some grand gesture of commitment I’d be mad or something. But that wasn’t the case, he’s had the ring since November.”

“Oh, wow.” Molly said while perusing the menu.

“Didn’t you guys start dating in July?” Anna asked.

“I…not exactly…” I said with confusion and a hint of embarrassment.

“When did you guys start dating, then?” Molly asked.

“Uh…I don’t really know.”

“How can you not know?” Molly asked.

“Because she was with Sean for two months before he convinced her to be his girlfriend.” Zoey said with a smirk.

Molly looked at me.

“Yes, I had a filthy sex-based relationship with my boyfriend for two months before we officially started dating.” I said exasperated.

“Fiancé.” Anna said.

“What?” I said putting my menu down a little annoyed.

“He’s your fiancé now, Faith.” She smiled at me, “Not your boyfriend.”

The four of us smiled at each other before taking some time to look over the menu. After a few moments I said, “May 22nd.”

“What about it?” Zoey asked, “That’s kind of soon for a wedding isn’t it?”

“No, that’s the day we met. So we’ve been together since May 22nd.” I said before going back to the menu.

“It’s kind of disgustingly cute how you know the exact date.” Molly said.

“Shut up.” I said hiding my smile

“Have you picked a date yet?” Anna said looking over at me.

“No, we plan to have a really long engagement. I don’t really think I’m going to start planning anything until after we tell my parents.”

“Which will be when?” Anna asked.

“Probably a few months after they first meet him, which could be next Christmas at the latest.”

Just then the waiter came and we ordered brunch. Molly I both got a cheese omelet, Zoey got stuffed French toast, and Anna got a fruit salad and an English muffin.

“How are the twins Anna?” I asked.

“They’re doing really great. It’s already really obvious that they have two different personalities.”

“And how are you?” Zoey asked.

“I’m tired. I’ve never done drugs, but I think I’m so tired I feel like I’m high sometimes. I feel worse for Theo. He’s still a resident and already sleep-deprived from work and then he comes home and can barely sleep there. I told him that if he needs to sleep at the hospital or even go to a hotel for a night, I would be okay with it. With my mom helping out for so long, we’re definitely lucky. Having twins is really stressful. My mother helping out has been a real blessing.”

Anna wooed us all with pictures on her phone of the twins during their first bath until our food came and then the conversation turned to me again.

“So how are you Faith, with Sean being gone, I mean?” Molly asked while she started cutting up her omelet.

“I’m fine, we Skype every other day and he calls and sends me texts. We’re fine. He’s coming back for a few days in two weeks so we have that to look forward to. Meanwhile we just talk as much as possible.”

“Nice.” Zoey said.

“We’re at one of the best places we’ve ever been since we started dating. I just feel comfortable with Sean and it’s hard for me to imagine having a relationship with anyone else right now.”

“So…you really aren’t worried about groupies?” Molly asked.

I laughed.

“I told you, I trust Sean completely. He would never hurt me like that.”

Zoey started talking about Wesley after that and then the four of us went shopping for about an hour after brunch. I miss spending time with my friends and I think with Sean gone, I’ll be able to do it more often since he’s not taking up as much of my time with dates and stuff. I’m really looking forward to him coming home for a bit, though. I do miss him.

4 comments:

  1. You're back!!!! I'm so happy :)

    I really do hope he never hurts her like that. It will be really interesting to see them handle the distance apart, and see how their relationship progresses. I like that this relationship, unlike other stories/blogs, focuses much more on the development than the drama of a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome baack!
    ur juicy posts have been missed! :)
    its such a refreshment when i read ur blog, compared to cosmos bedrom blog, i really enjoy watching these two together.

    as far as the post goes, i dont think Faith and Sean really have much to worry about in regards to the distance and everything, Sean is crazy about Faith, and as Faith has mentioned before, she's used to people she loves being gone for long periods of time.

    Even if i want to punch my guy in the face, every time i read about how well S&F are doing it makes me want to go home and love on my bf :), thanks for keeping the blog alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... and i'm sort of "guilty pleasure" glad that Sean is going to be M.I.A for a while, i'd love to see Faith interacting with the girls more :)

    plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder, so when they get to see each other, it'll be good times for the newly engaged love birds :)

    ReplyDelete