Friday, September 27, 2013

Let's Try This Again!

All has been quiet with the theatre fire situation. Cara mentioned that detective Geordi had called her and asked about my whereabouts but other than that, I haven’t heard anything about it. I considered going to talk to Eddie about it because I don’t want him to think I did this but I thought that that might not be a very good idea. And my lawyer agreed.


I went to see her the day after I was interrogated. Mostly because she asked me to come and also because I needed to tell her what happened with the police.

“Why didn’t you immediately call me?” Shelby asked offering me a chair in her office.

“They said I wasn’t under arrest…that they just wanted to talk and I thought it was about the fire for MY apartment building’s fire, not a new one.”

“If they take you back to the station again, I want you to call me.”

“Won’t that make me look even more suspicious?” I asked fiddling with my hands.

“No. And, besides, that’s not your concern. You didn’t do it. You have an alibi. All they have is circumstantial theories that fall apart under the smallest of scrutiny. You don’t deserve to be harassed, Faith, so CALL ME if you ever give another interview to the police.”

“I’m assuming that suing Eddie for defamation would probably make things, worse?” I joked.

“Yes, probably, but you have a strong case. You could win for damages.”

“I think I’m going to pass on that. The guy just lost his theatre and if that didn’t tug at my heartstrings, the cold-hearted jerk in me knows that he has no assets without that theatre, anyway. It’s a useless endeavor and it wouldn’t suddenly make all the damage he’d done to me professionally go away, either.”

“Well, it’s an option that’s on the table if you want to take it.” She said shuffling some papers and pulling out a folder, “Now, why I asked you to come down…”

I sat up in my seat, intrigued.

“Hazel Harrison’s lawyer contacted me yesterday.”

“Why?”

“Because she’s found another theatre who is willing to sell and is offering the contracts to those who were originally offered them before looking for different team members. Are you interested?”

“I don’t know. I’d need to see the new plan.” I shrugged. I was NOT getting my hopes up about this, yet again.

Shelby handed me the business plan layout from inside the folder and I perused it.

“Would it be possible for me to have a few days?” I asked.

“It is time-sensitive; they want everything finalized in the next three days. The theatre they’re buying wants to move fast. Your contract is exactly the same. Molly signed hers yesterday.”

“I’d still like a day or so to look over it.” I said.

Shelby nodded and we parted ways. I called Zeke to get the low-down on this deal.

“It’s actually in a better location than Eddie’s theatre was. We’ll get more traffic and there’s a lot more advertising space. It’s also by a lot of tourist attractions so we’ll get the tourist money, but it’s also off the beaten path enough that the locals will come, too.”

“What kind of shape is it in? My lawyer mentioned they wanted to move fast with the sale. That sounds suspicious. Has an inspection been done of the premises?”

“It’s…not in the greatest shape,” Zeke admitted, “But, we were going to renovate Eddie’s theatre after we bought it anyway, so now we’re just going to dump that money in to renovate this theatre and upgrade the equipment. I won’t lie to you, Faith…it’ll be quite the project, but I really think this is a better situation than before with a little tender loving care.”


I was pretty much sold and signed the contract a few days ago. So I am officially employed with the Glass Penny Theatre! I cannot believe this! We’re having our first staff meeting tomorrow and I cannot wait to see the new theatre space! 


(Author's Note: What's this? We're back on real time!? WHAAAAAAAAAT??? -del)

4 comments:

  1. Yay real time! I'm so glad things are looking up, I was starting to feel sorry for Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like faith is being set up for some reason. I don't know why thus post gave me an uncomfortable feeling......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...like the song says, what a difference a day (or a few) makes. Terrific development for Faith; so happy for her! It's about time *something* positive happens for her. Love the name: The Glass Penny. Especially with the better location than the last proposition, this endeavor sounds like it could be incredibly successful, both financially and artistically. Again, it's Faith's turn for some great "luck" in her life. Blue Skies forever, now.

    ReplyDelete