Sunday, October 28, 2012

Over It


The girls and I went out to brunch and I told them all about meeting Mike’s parents and the show.

“I’m so sad that I didn’t get a part in that.” Molly said.

“I know, but, to be fair, there really aren’t a ton of female roles in it. And you’re doing costumes, so it’s not like you aren’t involved.”

“You’re right. Rehearsals sound awesome, though.”

“I’m getting worried about tech. There’s A LOT of stuff we’re going to have to run through.”

“I’d love to bring the twins to see it but I should probably wait until they’re a bit older.” Anna said leaning over their stroller to make sure they were still napping.

“Yeah, they probably won’t appreciate it at their current age.” I joked.

Zoey was perusing a fashion magazine while she listened and let out a gasp.

Molly, Anna, and I looked at her with confusion.

“Uh…it’s nothing.” She said trying to stuff the magazine in her purse.

Anna grabbed it and opened it up. Her eyes widened before she shut it closed and tried to hide it again.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked.

Molly grabbed it from Anna and opened it up to the page they were looking at. She looked confused.

“Guys, why is this such a big deal? So someone got a divorce, blah, blah, blah, big deal.”

Molly handed me the magazine and I saw Zoey and Anna both take in a deep breath.

I looked down the page and didn’t quite understand at first but then I saw a little blurb towards the bottom. Kevin and Hannah got divorced. Apparently the fashion magazine was talking about it because Hannah was making a triumphant return to working as a fashion guru after working through her divorce.

I didn’t know what to say. I silently handed the magazine back to Zoey.

After a few seconds of silence, Molly chimed in.

“Guys, WHAT is the big deal?”

That brought me out of my thoughts.

“Molly, Kevin and I dated; he was also my boss. He was engaged to that woman while we were dating. I had no idea. He lied about pretty much everything and when I broke things off he made my life a living hell at work. I eventually quit and he attacked me in his office when I went to give him my notice. Awhile after that, he saw me at a bar and attacked me again. Sean-”

“Wait, that’s THAT guy?” She asked.

“Yeah.” I said. Molly and I had only just become acquaintances when Kevin attacked me the second time, she didn’t know much about the past but she did know about the bar incident.

“Well…I’m glad that Hannah isn’t with him anymore.” Anna said meekly.

“Me, too.” I said, and I meant it.

“Are you going to be okay, Faith?” Zoey asked.

I sat for a moment and thought about it.

“You know, I think I am. I moved on from that a long time ago.”

We moved on to other topics after that. Zoey and Wesley are going down to Australia for Christmas and she talked about all the places they were going to see and about how nervous she is to meet his family for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment