Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Moments


I have been so busy lately and I haven’t updated in awhile! So much has happened in the time that I’ve last written.

The biggest thing that’s happened is that I met Mike’s parents! I didn’t want Thanksgiving to be the first time I met them so Mike took me to his parents’ house to have dinner. His dad’s name is Frank and he’s a retired fireman. He’s also really into cars and has been trying to refurbish one with Mike When they have free time. It’s adorable. Mike’s dad didn’t want to retire, actually, 3 years ago he was riding in a fire truck on the way to a burning building when it was hit by a car. The accident broke his back in 5 places and he had to have a ton of surgeries but he still has a lot of back pain so he was sort of forced to retire. Now he builds wooden toys and sells them on Etsy, which is also just super freaking adorable, too.

Mike’s mom is a very warm woman. Her name is Betty and she’s just a very naturally happy woman. She made me feel welcome as soon as she opened the door, in fact, the very first thing she did was give me a hug. She’s such a sweet woman and I feel silly for not wanting to meet her sooner.

Mike’s parents also call him Mikey which is hilarious to me. I’ve never met such a cute family.

Before we ate dinner (lasagna; Mike told his mom that I loved her recipe so she insisted that we have that) Mike showed me his childhood bedroom and…you guys…my boyfriend is a GIANT nerd. First of all, he slept in a racecar bed all the way through high school. I don’t really understand how he fit but he slept in a blue race car bed. Second, there were nerdy posters all over the walls. Magic: The Gathering posters, Star Trek posters, Doctor Who posters, Pokemon posters.

“Oh my God.” I said when he showed it to me.

“I know.”

“You are such a nerd.” I said stepping into his room to take it all in.

“I know.”

I leaned against his dresser and stared in awe. Above his bed was a picture Xena the Warrior Princess and Wonder Woman which made me giggle.

“Please don’t dump me.” He joked.

“Well that depends, doesn’t it?” I asked.

“On what?” He said putting his hands against my waist and leaning on me.

“Which was your starter Pokemon?”

“Which gen?”

“First.”

“Psssh, charmander, OBVIOUSLY. The best one, duh.”

I scrutinized him, “Good answer.”

Mike kissed me and laughed.

“You have an inner nerd, too?” He asked.

“Mike, you don’t even KNOW how much I love Pokemon. My games are hidden in my closet; I play them sometimes when it’s slow at work.”

“God, I love you.”

And THAT, would be another big thing that happened while I’ve been too busy to write. Mike told me that he loves me and I said it back and really meant it. I do love Mike. I think I’m still falling in love with him but I’ve definitely passed the threshold between love and like a long time ago, probably even before we had sex.
Another thing that has happened since my last post was that we started our rehearsals for the show. It’s been going very smoothly and my cast is a dream to work with. Tech will be exhausting, though, if everything Joe is planning works out. We’re going to have fog machines and flying actors and pyrotechnics. Just thinking about all the safety checks I’ll have to do every night before we open the house is making me dizzy!

This Thursday I’m going over to Mike’s family’s house after rehearsal for dinner, I’m bringing the wine.

3 comments:

  1. yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    how cute are they! I love Mike and who Faith has become with him :)
    good for her! she needs a good, solid guy!
    and Family life says alot :) yay, go Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up on a bunch of posts! Awesome! I love that she met his parents and they are nice.... :) Yay

    ReplyDelete