Friday, July 20, 2012

Spotted!


It’s currently tech week with the show. Production has actually gone somewhat smoothly up to this point. Tucker cancelled a rehearsal because he was hung over last week and one time he showed up an hour late but I think, overall, I’ve kept him under control. But tech week is a lot more stressful than rehearsals. Each rehearsal during tech week is so long and it’s super tedious because we have to go through every cue of the show. It’s really all for my benefit since I call the cues and this is the only time during the entire process that I really get to practice calling them. Thankfully, though, the set is really simple, there are no moving pieces to worry about. I do have two projection screens, though, so I have special cues for the images that come up on those in addition to lights, sound, and actor cues.

I met with my run crew (the people who work behind stage), light board operator, and sound board operator. I gave them a breakdown I made assigning them each to their jobs before posting a schedule for the day. I already had all the cues written on my script from paper tech the day before, so I was ready.
I think the first day went really well. I feel really good about my cue calling and my crew is GREAT and the actors were all really professional. I did notice that people were getting tired as the day went on, so I appreciate that they didn’t let that affect their professionalism. Molly waited for me as I locked everything up and went through my check-ins for the night (make sure all the props are still there, all the doors are locked, costumes have been stored, etc.). We went home but stopped and grabbed some burgers on the way.

We both practically collapsed on the couch with our food. Murphy came running and sat on my knees while I inhaled my fries. He’s been very clingy (understandable) since I brought him home.

“How’s Brad?” Molly asked.

“I think he’s good. Things at work are more civil than ever and I think he’s moved on. I sent him and Cara texts to see if they wanted to go see the new Batman movie. We’re all going to see a midnight showing of it on opening night after the show ends. They’ll be getting off work and I’ll be done closing everything down so we’d figure we’d go. I’m on days now, except for weekends so I won’t see him as much. Why do you ask?”

“I saw him the other day.”

“Where?”

“I was at the fabric store picking up some last minute trims for the show and he was at an outdoor café across the street.”

Molly had met Brad while visiting me at work once. He’s actually met all of my friends except Anna and Adam.

“Okay.”

“Faith…he was with someone.”

“So? We aren’t dating, Molly. Why should I care who he sees outside of work?”

She shrugged, “Okay then.”

I couldn’t help my curiosity, though.

“How do you know he was on a date?” I asked looking at her sideways.

“Um, his face was practically glued to hers until their waiter came to take their order.”

“What did she…how did she look?” I asked trying to sound nonchalant.

“You are SO jealous!” Molly said.

“I am not, I’m just curious. Seriously, what was I supposed to ask when you bring something like this up!?”

“Okay, fine, sorry! Let’s just watch yesterday’s Project Runway and eat.”

“Fine.” I said grabbing my burger.

Later, I was laying in bed with Murphy curled into a furry purring ball next to me and I couldn’t stop thinking about Brad being on a date with someone. I know I asked him to move on but I guess I just thought it would take him longer. But it’s been two months since we had that talk…I have no right to feel jealous but at the same time, it’s weird that Brad hasn’t said anything about it at work. I imagine he decided not to because of our history. I’m kind of hurt that he wouldn’t share that with me even though it’s stupid for me to feel that way. I keep finding myself hoping that Molly was just confused and it was someone else she saw.

5 comments:

  1. Seems like Faith is fooling herself about why she's bugged Brad was seen with another woman. She's trying to convince herself that she's only bothered that Brad hasn't been more open with her about his personal life, but she's having a harder time with him moving on than she'd anticipated. That's the impression I get from Faith's behavior and thinking, anyway. It's totally understandable and expected for Brad to go easy on getting into the subject of his lovelife with Faith after what went on between them. Faith needs to be more honest with herself, even if that includes acknowledging some regret and confusion over her decision to not get into a relationship with Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed Faith really knows what she's doing. Del - you must have some experience in this area. Regarding Brad, I can understand why she's jealous. He was a great catch and the sex was fantastic! It will be interesting to see what she decides to do with this info. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well no matter what Faith is realizing she feels for Brad. I don't think she was ready to commit and she needs to just keep doing what she's doing. Get to know herself again before becoming involved with a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, SweetLara, most readers would probably agree that the last thing Faith needs right now is another relationship to jump into. Maybe right guy, wrong time, but it was a good call to back off - for her AND him. I just think she should admit to herself that she's feeling a little jealous, and wishes things could be different, instead of trying to convince herself she's only "hurt he didn't share that news with her." She said herself that things are more civil with him at work, and that's probably due to Brad putting a little bit of emotional distance between himself and Faith. That's how most men deal with romantic feelings being relegated back to friend-status. It's a way for Brad to be around Faith in a casual, friendly way without feeling awkward, and it would be very surprising if he HAD gotten into the subject of his new girlfriend with her so soon. Faith must know that. Of course, that's assuming the girl Molly saw was actually a new girlfriend, and also that Faith liked Brad as much as it seemed like she did. Maybe he WAS just a good friend/sex buddy to her, but it didn't seem like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the mystery girl is Cara, and they are going to tell her when they all go to the movies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete