Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dealing With It


Molly and I have been redecorating the apartment for days but we’re both really happy with it. The kitchen is no longer blindingly yellow. We painted it a deep teal which really brings out the darker toned granite countertops. We put up a chair rail on the walls for the rest of the living room so only the bottom part is the deep teal color. The upper part is a light blue and the chair rail itself is a white color. It looks very classy.
Molly made an orchid purple slip cover for the couch and chairs and it looks GREAT with the color scheme. The entertainment center is also white, as is the dining table set. We’re both really pleased with it. Molly is great at this kind of stuff and it was a lot of fun to do it with her. I doubt it would have been as much fun settling into a new place by myself.

I started back at work a few days ago. Cara and Brad knew what happened and offered me support and well wishes which I appreciated. Bruno was there, too, he gave me a hug and made it clear that if I needed anything, all I had to do was ask. Tony made me his famous grilled cheese, which is quickly becoming my favorite sandwich. It’s been slow since I came back but I’m sure it’ll be busy over the weekend for the college crowd.
“You know you could come over tonight, if you want.” Brad said as we were closing up.

“Maybe another time.” I said, “I’m still getting back on my feet.”

“I understand.” He said. He look a little disappointed, though.

Speaking of boys…

Adam is doing okay. He e-mailed me a few of his freelance articles which were all really good. I haven’t heard from Suzy and Dina for a long time, or Steve for that matter. I should really try to get in touch with them and see how they’re doing, maybe go out to dinner or something.

I don’t have to work tonight and Molly is acting in a show so I have the apartment to myself. I think I’ll grab a book (Molly has an amazing personal library in her studio that she has been more than happy to share), order some Chinese, and relax out on the balcony since it’s so nice outside. I could get used to this.

Living with Molly has been so easy and nice, even if she does keep telling me to go out on a real date with Brad. I never realized just how lonely it can be to live by yourself sometimes. Just being able to talk to or come home to someone every day has made this whole situation so much easier on me. I’m so glad I have the friends that I do.

3 comments:

  1. Totally off topic here, does anyone read the new bedroom blog on Cosmo? They have that new way of posting a comment. So I have a FB and make a couple comments. Well I didn't know it also posts on your FB wall, until I was on there and saw these random posts that were my BB comments. That is sooo dumb because no one has a clue what these random wall posts are unless they read BB. IDK, just wanted to get that off my chest lol. I miss the old BB and the old way of commenting and our conversations on there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Sweetlara. How's it going? Just a heads-up that you can check the option box on BB to NOT have your comments there post to your facebook. The only thing is, you have to check the box each and every time you comment. Though, you can always delete your comment from facebook after-the-fact, also. There's the option, but it's kind of hard to notice it unless you're really looking for it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what goes on with her and Brad. Is it weird that I always want to know what Faith is wearing?

    ReplyDelete