Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Playing Hooky

I decided to take a personal day from work for my own sanity. I got my hair done and cut it about an inch shorter, I’m happy with how it looks. I also got a manicure and a pedicure before treating myself to a massage. I usually don’t buy such things but I really needed it. I left the spa I had all of this done at feeling relaxed and happy. I decided to purchase a gift for myself, too. I bought a Kindle online and I can’t wait for it to arrive.

After a nice brunch by myself I walked along the lakeshore and soaked up some sun. When I got home I ended up looking at classes online that were offered in my area. They ranged from pet grooming classes to adult dance classes to comic book writing classes. I saw one that caught my eye: a hula hooping class. The description said that students would learn the basics of hula hooping and various moves that could be interpreted into dancing. It seemed like a really fun class to me so I signed up for a month’s worth of lessons with a discount the studio was offering. If anything, it’ll be a nice form of exercise. My first class is on the 17th.

I went grocery shopping and bought Murphy a new collar since he grew out of his old one a long time ago (from the steroids he was on and also gaining weight). He also needed some new toys to play with. I also got a cat brush because Murphy has been shedding like crazy and I’ve been procrastinating on trying to introduce him to being brushed. When I got home I put my groceries away and then got busy introducing Murphy to the cat brush.

He squirmed for a little while but he got used to it and I pulled SO MUCH hair off of him; it had to feel good for him to be rid of it all. After he did such a good job with the brush, I put his new collar on (it’s teal and has rhinestones in the shape of paw prints on it) and then gave him his new toys as a reward for being such a good kitty. Then I made dinner (a cheese omelet, fruit salad, and buttered toast) before soaking in a bubble bath for a good hour.

Overall, it was a nice day and I’m glad I decided to take it off and play hooky from work. It gave me the chance to clear my mind and really focus on myself (and Murphy of course). Sean is going to be here tomorrow and we have our next counseling appointment on the 12th. Sean will be leaving right after we finish up with Mike.

3 comments:

  1. love this post. Nice to see Faith looking after herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hadn't she already received a kindle as a gift from either sean or her parents for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my exact thought when I read that...lol

      Delete