Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Magic Mondays


I went out on another date with Mike and it was really nice. He decided to cook for me at his apartment. So it was a first for both of us, it was the first time I’d been in his apartment. I stopped on the way there to pick up some wine, a dessert, and to rent a movie for us. I decided to go with a comedy rather than a romantic movie or something super dramatic. I decided to wear something low key, so I went with a pair of blue jeans and a black cotton t-shirt.

I was sort of nervous when I got to his building and waited for him to buzz me in. This was the first time I wasn’t going to be in public with him, we would be completely alone and that thought made me nervous. Not because I was afraid to be alone with him but because it seems so much more intimate than going to a restaurant with a bunch of strangers around you.

He was waiting for me when I got to his floor.

“Oh, what did you rent?” He asked.

“It’s a comedy. I thought we could watch it after dinner. And I brought some wine and chocolate chip cookies.” I held up the bottle and the grocery bag as he let me in.

Mike’s apartment is totally a guy’s apartment. His furniture is leather and dark and the whole feel of it is masculine. It’s a one bedroom apartment and his kitchen and living space are combined. He has a kitchen island/bar that separates the two areas pretty nicely.

“Something smells great.” I said.

“It’s lasagna,” he said, “my mom’s recipe. You’re…not a vegetarian are you?”

“No.” I said.

“Oh, good, cause it has meat sauce in it. If you were, it’s okay, though, because I had a back-up plan just in case.”

I giggled.

“Alright, put me to work.” I said.

Mike put me in charge of tossing the salad and prepping the garlic bread while he set the table and chilled the wine. Dinner was ready in about twenty minutes and we sat down at his dining table.
First of all, Mike is an excellent cook. I’ve never had lasagna as good as his. Second of all, Mike is great at talking. I don’t remember the last time I felt so comfortable with someone so quickly. He talked more about his family and it was nice to watch him get so excited and happy when he talked about them. He asked about my friends and how the show was going.

“I feel really bad that we only ever go out on Mondays. But my schedule is so crazy with the show and work and now searching for my next job.”

“Well, you said you didn’t have to go to work on Thursday after the show, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Why don’t I come see it on Thursday and we can go out afterward?”

“Seriously?” I asked.

“Yeah, it doesn’t get out too late and I can help you close up and then we can go grab a burger or something.”

“Okay. I’ll reserve your ticket tomorrow so you can just stop by the ticket office on Thursday before the show, give them your name, and they’ll get you your ticket.”

“Sweet, I’ve only ever seen high school theatre productions so this should be super cool.”
Mike seemed genuinely excited and was asking me all sorts of questions about the play and what the set looked like, it was cute. We settled down on his couch to watch the movie with cookies and wine. Mike is fun to watch movies with. He laughed in all the right places. After the movie we watched some television.

“Can I ask you a question?” I said abruptly. He had his arms wrapped around me.

“Okay.”

“You seem so shy about physical stuff…why?” I blurted out. It was an awkward question and Mike laughed.

“I’m not usually; you just make me so nervous sometimes. You seem like such a lady and I feel like I’m out of your league.”

“Are you serious?” I said looking at him.

“Well…yeah.”

“Well, you can kiss me whenever you want.” I said.

“Okay….so…how about now.”

We made out for awhile but eventually I had to go back home. I’m glad Mike isn’t weird about the physical stuff for some other strange reason and that it really is just nerves. I don’t feel rushed with Mike. I want to have sex with him but I’m also just comfortable where we are right now. I’m okay if we hold off on the sex part.

4 comments:

  1. can i date mike? lol he seem's sweet and sincere. awwwh.

    take ur time, Faith! good things come to those who wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does seem sweet :) that is really good that Faith is just not rushing it this time too. *sigh* I love this blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree foody girl!
    ***all smiles over here***

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think about that but after the problems Sean had (ie: erectile disfunction)I bet Faith was worried there was something wrong with Mike. I like him and I'm glad they are taking things slow.

    ReplyDelete